By guaranteeing shared and exchanged information that is accurate, precise and coherent at all times, digital tools (BIM and urban digital models) bring the stakeholders together and enable development of the working methods and project management. Using digital tools ensures better responsiveness, improves productivity and contributes to meeting the competitive and economic requirements of a market that is becoming increasingly global.
Digital technologies are now being integrated into the products and equipment of buildings and cities: they open up new opportunities of services for professionals and users. Indeed, when performed on relevant data available on a massive scale on the Internet, taking account of how products, buildings or cities are used enables the delivery of high value-added services.
The CSTB provides you with all of its skills and expertise so you can make the most of these new opportunities and develop your business, services and products.
Digital technologies at the urban scale
From 3D city to simulated city
The services offered by the CSTB facilitate the process of design, decision-making and communication, for the stakeholders of sustainable development. The Institute relies on a range of innovative products and services enabling systemic simulations (acoustics, energy, pollution, etc.) in order to optimally characterize, govern, design and manage sustainable cities. Different options are possible, thanks to the expertise of the CSTB and its partners.
This offering aims to facilitate the processes of design, decision-making and communication, for the stakeholders of sustainable development. It is based on the use of high-precision 3D data that are inexpensive and compatible with the most common GIS tools.
The services come complete with a software toolbox that makes navigating, viewing and displaying the simulation results intuitive and interactive.
Thanks to the simulation, we help you with the decision-making process, to optimize the deployment of photovoltaic, airflow, lighting and other solutions, and to limit acoustic, electromagnetic, hydraulic and other impacts.
- Exploitation of a precise geographic 3D database, at variable resolutions depending on requirements and the intended use (from 3 to 15 cm NBSP./px), compiled and updated from aerial images.
- Automatic structuring of this data within a digital model conforming to the CityGML standard (OGC 2008)
- Interfacing with simulation engines (CSTB, etc.)
- Enrichment of the digital model
- Educational representation
Digital technologies, from design to utilization
Designing, building and managing structures
The CSTB develops collaborative tools based on a common digital model, in order to facilitate the exchange of information between all the stakeholders involved, from the design phase to the utilization of a building.
- Collaborative environments
The CSTB offers a collaborative project management platform that coordinates the sharing of documents between the stakeholders during the design of a construction project, with regulatory assistance (example: SYSMEO).
- BIM - PLM Manager
BIM experts guide you throughout your construction project, with digital models. The BIM-PLM Manager can get involved at any point, from the initial stages to the management of your construction projects, by defining an overall BIM protocol with integration of documentation, processes and links with the various BIM tools and databases used in the project.
Gathering and analyzing the utilization data for structures with high levels of service quality
The CSTB develops digital solutions to identify, model and identify the practices and behaviors of the occupants of residential buildings (private housing units, residential hotels, nursing homes, homes for dependent seniors, or public administrative bodies) or office buildings (offices, workshops, meeting rooms, etc.), to enhance the quality of life, comfort and security of the occupants (by enabling the elderly to stay in their homes and improving the energy performance of buildings). This offering provides technological solutions in response to the challenges of energy efficiency and aging.
- Consulting and support for the deployment of smart systems in buildings
- Provision of a comprehensive technical system including sensors, actuators, displays and data collection and analysis units in support of advisory services
- Monitoring utilization by installing instruments in living and working premises, combined with automated analysis of the correlations between the collected data
- Uploading of the results obtained to systems based on behavior analysis
- Study and development of operating systems to analyze practices in relation to the energy performance or fragility of the occupants
- Tests in two laboratories, one representing a private housing unit (GERHOME) and the other representing a room in a home for dependent seniors (GERHOME2)
- Support for deployment in buildings (private housing units, offices, etc.), of the CSTBox and its heterogeneous capture and measurement devices, capable of adapting to the existing context of the construction project
- Gerhome Laboratory